Monday, May 30, 2011

Who do you think you are?

Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri

I know I can't take one more step towards you
Cause all that's waiting is regret
And don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore
You lost the love I loved the most

I learnt to live half alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are
Running 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are

I hear you're asking all around
If I am anywhere to be found
But I have grown too strong
To ever fall back in your arms

And it took so long just to feel alright
Remember how to put back the light in my eyes
I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed
Cause you broke all your promises
And now you're back
You don't get to get me back
..................................................

Slowly I'm letting go of everything that had belonged to us. I had seen the ugly side of you and I know what you really are. It's too late to mend anything cos the hole has covered the whole heart. But I'm just sad, cos it would have been a beautiful love if you had put in more efforts. You just failed badly, whatever we had built up had been slowly destroyed by your insincerity n your lies. I don't believe and don't dare to believe in you anymore. I'm sorry. I'm not going to wait for any changes anymore cos expectation only leads to more disappointment n demeaning myself. I need to set myself right this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment